Monday, July 28, 2008

latest

Pops here... i got word today that my makeup interview exam with the examining committee of the SW FL presbytery will be August 6 at 1:00pm. That is good news in that i won't have to wait much longer. Bad news is that i am not likely to pass since the views i will be presenting and defending are considered unacceptable by the gatekeepers of the presbytery. so hey... i get to play Martin Luther who said, "to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. my mind is held captive by the word of God. unless i am convinced by either Scripture or right reason, I will not, I cannot recant. God help me I can do no other."

i am also reminded of the line... a lie is an abomination before God and a very present help in time of trouble... i will go with Luther.

On Tuesday I go to Ocala to visit my mother. Press on!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Dan. As our beloved pastoral friend and mentor, at some point you're going to have to enlighten us about these deliciously radical views for which you're being slammed. I expect a private email.

gcdugas said...

I echo Jim's request for a private email. What pray tell could you possibly hold to that they would find objectionable?

Are you going charismatic? Certainly not theonomic? Liberal? What else is there?

graham

dugas1223@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Bravo, my brother, BRAVO!!
You make me, your Lord and our heavenly Father proud of what you know to be truth, just as our earlier brother Martin held fast to the scripture.

God will righteously judge and truthfully convict those that stand against the truth and as you stand in the light, speaking the truth in love you will open doors for your blessing and the blessing of those who have ears to hear, eyes to see and a humble heart.
I love you, applaud your stand and thank God for who you are and your boldness in Him.
God bless you!
GMH

Laurie Gates said...

If you feel comfortable sharing, Dan, we're curious as well!
love, Daniel & Laurie Gates
gates.laurie@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

What I'd like to know is what "views" are unaceptable to the presbytery. Would that be man is unable to save himself, that God alone knows who will be with Him in the end, that Christ died for those who believe, that we can not resist God's effectual call, and that God will perfect a work in us that He has begun?

Dawson

Anonymous said...

I prayed that you would have wisdom, discernment, and God's insight on how to handle today. Go for it. CT