Saturday, September 13, 2008

the Hamptons Marathon

After I ran the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon last year, it wasn't long until I decided it was time to go for another...this time I chose one on the complete opposite side of the country. In less than two weeks, myself and three friends will be traveling to New York City!! And exactly two weeks from today 2 of us will be running the Hamptons marathon and 2 will be completing the half. We are making a mini vacation out of the event and will stay in the city and take in a broadway show and other NYC sites before traveling up to The Hamptons for our race.

I feel prepared after training all summer long in the heat and humidity. My knees, while aching after about 12 miles, are not suffering from the tendinitis that I had last year. My only concern is the race start time is 8AM, while my body has been used to a start time of 4:45AM for my long runs; it will be interesting to see how that affects me. My goal is to really enjoy this one though and my race plan is as follows: Run the first 20 easy, and then survive the last 6... : )

Pray for our safety while we travel, Pray for the weather on race day (September 27th!), and Pray that God would keep our bodies from injury and any illness before we go. I will update the blog when I get home with a report and pics of our trip!

love,

sarah beth

"We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." Emil Zatopak

No comments: